Monday, September 17, 2007

Taking a stand against dog fighting and animal cruelty. (please click this link)


I have always loved football. However, when a certain NFL quarterback (I can't even bring myself to mention his name), was charged and pled guilty to dog fighting and animal cruelty including the murder of dogs. I cut football out of my life forever.


Since that horrible day back on July 17, 2007 when I heard and saw images of that that thing and by thing I mean NFL quarterback did to those dogs, I have cut off football from my life. Yes just that quick. You have to start somewhere when you believe in something with all of your heart.


The NFL should take a stand against dog fighting and animal cruelty. They should rewrite their contracts with the players stating the issue. The NFL should do this because dog fighting and animal cruelty is not only illegal it's inhumane.

A perfect example of someone voiceing their opinion on issues that are important to them is PETA. They are setting a perfect example of standing up for what you believe in.

Michael Vick gave a speech apologizing but to who? It sure wasn't to the hundreds of innocent dogs. Just because he apologized in public, doesn't mean the public have to believe him. Especially when Michael Vick has been involved with dog fighting his entire life.

I encourage you to take a stand in something you believe in.

Please take a moment of your time to lobby for animals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now this has more teeth to it than the other one. Now the trick is to keep it fresh and interesting every week and make sure it's not just you ranting. I would love to see some proof though that other players are doing it. Remember, if you may that claim that you know for sure, then show it. That's like a kid saying he's seen Santa Claus...oh yeah...prove it. Also tell me about what you've replaced football with. Or better yet about other people like you all over the country that are doing the same thing.

(I hate to tell you...if you knew everything going on out there...you'd start hating all sports, all movies and all music. I learned not to hate a group for the actions of a few.)

Much better blog this time. I really am interested in reading more about this topic.